SALON OWNERS: If you have no interest in turning your salon into a real business that gives you a better life… do not waste your time reading this page because it is strictly for salon owners that demand real change regardless of size or age of the salon.
SALON MENTOR EXTREME is a powerful program packed with energy and change. If you have tried everything and still not getting the changes you want … READ EVERY WORD ON THIS PAGE!
EXTREME: Salon Takings Up by 233.7% in Just 23-days
- Packed: a new salon with paying clients in just 2-weeks
- Saved at least two salons from certain closure
- Brought a 35-year old salon back to life
- Showed a 10-year old salon how to DOUBLE their turnover
- Rebranded and relaunched every aspect of a salon
- Created a new stylist program that delivered No.1 stylists in just 6-weeks
- Created and installed performance enhancing management programs
- Saved one salon over £19,000 in rent
- Created high-end specialist services
- Built rockstar teams
- Got salon owners off the shop floor
- And so much more.
It’s no exaggeration to say I have saved salons from closing, quadrupled clients into salons, built new teams from the ground up, doubled the turnover of established salons and created an energy surge so powerful in salons everything has changed at a rate so fast even I’ve been left scratching my head and saying with the salon owners ‘what the hell just happened?”
No question, the salon mentor extreme experience is truly a proven, tested and results driven experience you’ll never forget and will transform your salons results.
Here’s how it all started.
I Am The Salon Punk … Alan Forrest Smith
My name is Alan Forrest Smith, also AKA THE SALON PUNK.
First, let me share a little about my own hairdressing background and why you should listen to me.
I did my first haircut during the punk rock period when I was just 14-years old. From that day forward I was kind of obsessed with hair.
I ‘officially’ trained in 1982 in Manchester. I started my own hairdressing business in 1985. By 1989 I sold my little Ford XR-2 car to pay for and open my first hairdressing salon in a tiny village of just seven hairdressing salons. I thought my magical skills with a razor would be enough to make sure I would be busy from morning until night. I quickly learned It wasn’t. I struggled from day one and almost had to close my hair salon.
By 1990 after reading a book or two books I had discovered how to promote, to do my own salon marketing and build my salon business.
By 1991 in one of the UK’s worst recorded recessions in the UK I moved from 250 sq. ft. to 2000 sq. ft. My new hair salon was huge but so were the problems that arrived with it. I had moved my whole salon business into a town with 35 long-established hairdressing salons. Most of the salons had all been there for over 30-years. The top ten all wanted me closed and thought I would close.
The No.1 salon at the time charged around £25 for a cut and finish. I took what felt like a high-risk decision to charge a maximum price for a cut and design service at – £75.
It felt like a risky approach but I knew we had the quality. Within 18-months I had the busiest salon in that town of 35 salons with every stylist in the town knocking on my door asking for a job.
I had mastered the art of salon business and of course salon marketing and turning my salon into a real business. I was probably one of the first salons in the UK to use a computer to build my business from 1990 onwards.
For 17-years it just ran and ran and ran like a dream. It gave me everything and more in life.
AND YES, I managed to GET OFF THE SALON FLOOR and take enough time off to build my own five-bedroomed country house and bring up my kids!
So, I get our industry because I have been there and lived it just like you.
- I had no clients when I was desperate for clients
- I had huge bills I just simply couldn’t pay my bills
- I had major staff issues from no staff to lazy staff
- I had TAX bills piling up (one for almost £20,000)
And I have been through all of the usual salon owner issues that arrive every day (including a full pack of bailiffs trying to close my salon when the salon was packed with clients)
I almost had to close my new salon!
I’ve had six hair stylists and three juniors sat on their backside in the back room drinking coffee while I was cutting hair from morning until night!
It’s painfully frustrating.
My big reality was this…
The Front of My 2000 sq. ft. Salon THE BIG SCISSOR COMPANY … Having Fun, Doing Hair, Being Number One
I was great at cutting hair but hopeless at actually running and building a real salon business.
Being a salon business owner felt like it was way out of my scope.
So I understand because … I also had to learn and discover new things and that wasn’t easy for a school drop-out like me that took hairdressing as an easy option.
I had to get good advice. I had to teach myself. I had to read a lot. I listened to tons of business cassettes in my Mini Cooper (yes c30, c60, c90 … ;-).
I had to spend thousands upon thousands of pounds on salon business courses. I had to travel, stay in hotels and search for answers.
Eventually, things began to turn around for my salon but it was really hard. I had learnt well over one hundred things to do in my salon but the truth was I struggled to make just three things actually happen.
The other big problem I was endlessly faced with was when I asked for advice I was getting advice from people that had no idea about the salon business. They knew about selling me more retail or colour or other salon service and then offered me advice as part of the deal but the reality is they had no idea how to run a salon.
To cut a long story short once I had things worked out here are the kind of results I was getting.
- 65% MISSING CLIENTS FOUND: I worked out how to recover well-over 65% of my missing clients and it worked like crazy
- STAFF PACKED: I discovered and created a system that gets any stylist PACKED OUT with 12-weeks!
- FILL COLUMNS: I mastered a way to fill any column four-weeks before a new stylist started so now I could hire new staff
- NEW STAFF FILLED: I worked out how to make sure new stylists would cost me nothing and also make me profit very fast
- COLOUR AT 70%: I increased my colour services from 3% to over 70%
- HIGHEST SALON AVERAGES: I created unique specialist salon services that took payments as high as £300 (a lot in the early nineties)
- KEEPING STYLISTS: I managed to understand how to keep my staff for years (most worked for me well over 8-years)
- NO.1 SALON: My hairdressing salon was No.1 in my town and we had waiting lists to prove it.
- LOW RISK, HIGH RETURN: I had created a low-risk, low-cost salon marketing system that was filling my bank with money.
- OFF THE FLOOR: I even managed to get off the floor and actually run my business properly.
Once my salon really got working it was truly amazing for me. I had the best stylists begging for jobs. I had so many new clients with my marketing systems that at times we had to stop advertising rather than turn clients away.
I had created a perfect marketing machine that never once failed my salons. And I had also rejected all the advice given to me by the hairdressing industry, the reps and the companies. I realised that they simply wanted me to buy more but being easily persuaded in those days only led to huge debts!
And My Real Rewards For a Real Salon Owner…
- I built a huge 5-bedroomed farmhouse on an acre of land with its own orchard
- I had two brand new cars – BMW and MERCEDES parked outside next to my classic VW
- My family went on holiday 3-4 times a year – I could leave my hairdressing salons to run and run without me being there
- I managed to take my salon floor days from five days to half a day and then in the last 4-years to OFF THE FLOOR completely
- I could pick up my kids from school any day of the week and never miss time with them playing in the sunshine
- YES, I still had issues but honestly, I worked out how to manage almost everything.
I Built This House With My Own Hands. I Was EASILY The Highest Rewarded Salon Owner For Miles!
It was hard work. It wasn’t easy. The rewards were just incredible and it stayed like that until I sold it.
And it is worth saying – this is before the web was invented (although I built my first website in 96/97 long before anyone had a website.
Now please don’t think I am showing off this really just as it was and as it happened. It was amazing and I made amazing money from my salons at that time.
In 2003 I finally sold my last salon.
From 2003 and onwards I worked as a salon owner mentor, advisor and strategic advisor on over 400 different kinds of businesses. I have mentored and advised some of the biggest companies in the UK and some of the smallest new start-ups. I even wrote a column for Salon Business magazine for a couple of years.
This still included the hair and beauty industry. In fact, I had been flown and invited to speak and present to literally thousands of salon owners and business people in Australia, USA, Asia, Europe and of course the UK.
Since selling my salons I also became a fully published author and writer. Type my name into Amazon or any good bookstore online and you’ll find my books on philosophy, business and more and including the industry best-selling SX-21 salon business manual.
I Specialise In Fixing Salons of Any Size and Love To Work Closely, One-On-One With Salon Owners That Want More!
This gives me a unique edge to how I think and how I think about business. This is why “INSANE” MENTOR program – SALON MENTOR EXTREME works…
I sold my salons in 2003 and worked as a business advisor, consultant to as many 400 industries including hairdressing and beauty salons. This took me around the planet at least half a dozen times teaching, speaking, lecturing and working with salons and businesses.
I have helped huge corporations to tiny starts ups at every level.
I’m also an publisher author if at least 19 books including my industry best sellers THE SALON PUNK and my MASSIVE manual SX21 and my other books usually philosophy or poetry.
Anyway less about me and more about the experience of salon mentor extreme.
SAGE SALON Wickham, U.K.
“The salon is changing, the phone has never stopped – Just INSANE”
In 4 weeks he has refocused our attention on stabilising and building a BUSINESS.
He has almost DOUBLED our turnover in 4 weeks…….at the quietest time of the year!!
He has opened our eyes to everything about our business and what we were doing and has flipped it on its head!!
It’s INTENSE, ITS HARD WORK AND IT’S EXTREME!! But we are ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!! The results are UNREAL…..
Sage Salon Wickham
SAGE HAIR in Wickham, UK began SALON MENTOR EXTREME Jan 2nd, 2018. Here is what has happened in just 23-days so far.
- TURNOVER: more than Doubled
- NEW CLIENTS: up to 30 plus per week
- COLOUR SALES: Up over 100%
- AVERAGE BILL: UP 140%
- NEW STAFF: found and started
- SALON MANAGEMENT: Fixed fast
- BEST WEEKS EVER: despite it being January – their 3-best weeks ever and still increasing every week.
- NEW MARKETING STRATEGY: fast, proven, bespoke, effective and working like crazy
The following has been done without hardly any marketing and is part of a very precise, detailed, tested and focused 12-week plan. What you are about to read is part one. Part one is about stabilising the salon business.
During this period my SALON MENTOR EXTREME clients have open access to my 33-years experience. They can text, call, email, WhatsApp, Viber, Skype, face-to-face as often as needed. One day I have had around 50 plus texts from just one mentor client. ALL clients get a direct reply from me within seconds.
Read what the salon owner sent to me after just 23 days into their SALON MENTOR EXTREME Program …
“THE SALON IS CHANGING … PHONE HAS NEVER STOPPED … JUST INSANE”
Well, what can I say!!
We had a salon, a team, a business – Or so we thought!! We were taking on average £2,000-ish a week, it covered the bills… just! We spent A LOT of nights worrying about how we were going to pay the staff if there was money in the bank to pay the product company…. We didn’t take a wage, we didn’t have any spare cash, we thought we were doing everything like we should but we were still not seeing any increase….until we called Alan.
We spent many more nights wondering whether we should take the risk, it was a lot of money that we certainly didn’t have. We made the jump… and it was honestly …
… THE BEST THING WE HAVE EVER DONE!!!!
Alan ripped our business apart and showed us it in a completely different light….In 4 weeks he has refocused our attention on stabilising and building a BUSINESS. He has almost DOUBLED our turnover in 4 weeks…….at the quietest time of the year!! He has opened our eyes to everything about our business and what we were doing and has flipped it on its head!!
It’s INTENSE, ITS HARD WORK AND it’s EXTREME!! But we are ABSOLUTELY LOVING IT!! The results are UNREAL…..
Again, we are just 4 weeks in…..we cant for the results after 12. Alan is fantastic, he is supportive, encouraging and he knows what he’s talking about! He is ALWAYS at the end of the phone, he keeps us focused and he gets results…… it ’s just simply amazing!
I can’t wait to write about our journey after the next 4 weeks!
WE CAN’T THANK YOU ENOUGH…….SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!!
Rich and Steph, Sage Hair Wickham
ZIG ZAG HAIRDRESSING GROUP
Alan is saying and doing the opposite to what the industry experts are telling you.
“Two Salons DOUBLED new clients” – Simon, ZigZag Salon Group
They say there’s no school like the old skool and Alan is definitely the headmaster of the hairdressing industry and since working with Alan even though we were a little shocked at what he was asking us to do however we implement what he asked and are now starting to see results and can see the light at the end of the tunnel with two of our salons doubling their new clients to 17%.”
Simon Hayter, CEO ZigZag Hairdressing Group
For ZigZig I did the following (and much more)
- Fixed a stylist issue: Built a brilliant graduate training program that put TWO NEW GRADUATES into the top five stylist positions in just 6-weeks. This is out of over fifty stylists.
- Rebranded everything including his websites and all marketing materials
- Created a new positioning program
- Created a strapline – Zig Zag Your Hair
- Created incredible offers that packed his new salon for weeks on end
- Poured tons of new clients into his salons.
- Did an in-house training program to inspire and push his team in greater things
- Oversaw and created a new marketing program for newspapers and all adverts
- Created a new super-effective radio advert
- Created a new management program
- Trained his area manager
- Created a program and advised on all social media use
And so much more that could easily fill this page …
MOD SALONS LEEDS
“A Kick-Ass Mentor”
We had been on Alan’s email list for a long time and I initially found him through his orange beetle site.
It was the philosopher-poet in him that attracted me to Alan; that and the fact he is a kick-ass mentor.
And when I say he is kick ass, he has definitely kicked ours a couple of times!!
we’re a salon that was doing well but lurching from one crisis to another. We contacted Alan after one particular series of staff crisis as we couldn’t see the wood for the trees and felt that we needed a new direction and help to steer the ship.
Alan came in and immediately saw what need doing and helped us very quickly focus on the important stuff –
- He got us to immediately concentrate on the numbers, daily/weekly totals, clients and averages
- He helped us write and set in motion a kick-ass campaign to get new ROCK STAR staff and got us to think about recruitment in a different way – and within two weeks we had 2 new members of staff that are now pulling in over a £1000 a week!!
- We recruited a kick-ass Receptionist.
- He helped set in motion, weekly and daily meetings with our team; holding them accountable for their columns
- We introduced new specialist services
- Raised prices overnight by 10% with no client losses
- Created a managers role and filled that the position from within our existing team
- Started an email campaign with a 71% open rate – unheard of
- In the beginning, the plan we worked out with Alan was to be doing 10k weeks, and although we’re not quite there yet, we know that 10k is within touching distance and we’re determined to get there, and soon!
Honestly, Alan has helped us focus and given us belief.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s been really hard but rewarding work !! Alan has been there constantly in the background cajoling, demanding, driving and giving us ideas and has been on hand 24hrs a day!
He is true to his word. Honest as hell and a great guy that wants you to succeed at all times. I think any business will benefit from working with Alan.
Izaak Brading & James Langley
AMAZING RESULTS:: And as you can see the results don’t need a lot of explaining they are exactly what they are.
A new salon, two 10-year-old salons and a 36-year-old salon that felt the energy surge during working with me during my super extreme salon mentor.
But… It has to be said (in case you ask)… I never commit to doing anything specific on your salon ‘like this or that’. I just commit to making sure you see the changes we agree to see at the start of my EXTREME SALON MENTORING with you.
What you need to make sure is this… once you start SALON MENTOR EXTREME you are absolutely committed to listen close to me and do exactly as I tell you. If you don’t or can’t do that don’t waste your money and my time.
If you can do that not only are you committed to the change but I will be so committed that during the period we work together you will feel like I am a partner in your salon. And yes … I take it that seriously.
I will be committed to setting an outcome over the period we work together and then use everything and anything within my grasp to make sure we hit that target we have already agreed.
What I offer is a mind my clients have used words like BRILLIANT, GENIUS, INSANE, eccentric and KICK-ASS. What I also offer you is over three decades of working with salons (including my own), over 400 industries outside the industry and a mind that has delivered well over one hundred million in new sales over the past couple of decades.
In other words… a ton of salon building ideas that come from not just the hair industry but from other industries where I’ve had prolific results.
If you want to see more of that check out my 20-year old site at orangebeetle.com.
Incredible Salon Extreme Results …
- Salon Owners GET OFF THE SHOP FLOOR – FAST!
- Salon turnover up by 233.7% in just 23-days
- Salon average bills UP by 586.3%
- Colour up over 700%
- Stylist recruitment, management and columns issues solved in under 5-days
- New salon bursting with clients from opening day
- Sales of Olaplex and Balayage from UP A MASSIVE 2750%
- Graduates increasing their columns by 101.3% (one new graduate now takes over £1,700 per week)
- Stylist increasing their turnover by 465.21%
- New clients UP by an INCREDIBLE 2633.3%
Powerful life changing results.
Now here is something else just as powerful.
Never once in all the years I’ve been mentoring clients like you has it COST my clients a single penny… not once.
How is that possible?
Look at this real example and pretty common example.
Salon A invested … £10,000 into getting new results and breaking into a new levels with myself.
- They increased their weekly turnover by a massive £5,800 (actual number)
- Over one year that is £290,000 increase for that salon owner (HUGE INCREASE).
So they invested £10,000 and got an increase of £290,000 over a 12 month period.
By doing extreme powerful and tested business practice that I have used time and time again in businesses just like yours.
This pattern has been repeated time and time again with my clients over the years.
So … do what I tell you and the results are EXTREME
So … do what I tell you and the results are EXTREME
- If I tell you that management is your issue, you must do as I tell you so we fix it.
- If endless postponing on social media is an issue, you must do as I. Tell you and we’ll fix it
- If staff are your issue you must do as I tell you and we will fix it
- If your lack of marketing (properly) is an issue you must do as I tell you and we’ll fix it
Because when I identify your blocks to growing your salon and you don’t work with me to fix those blocks nothing will happen. If you listen closely to me and do exactly as I tell you… everything we plan for, aim for and then precisely target will happen.
And I can tell you this for a certainty, you will be happier in your salon than you’ve ever been.
The biggest thing for me and I think will be for you is to make sure you have a happy life.
If your salon isn’t doing what you want it to be doing I know from being a salon owner myself and working with many salon owners that happiness is hard to find when a salon is struggling.
And of course, there are things we can do that will make your life better, happier and stronger.
- Getting you off the shop floor so you can enjoy more life
- Dramatically increase your salon turnover if that is what you need to do
- Fixing staff issues for good so you keep staff and create an ongoing powerful recruitment concept that is proven time and time again
In fact, anything to do with your salon I guarantee my three decades of experience can and will find that issue fast and fix it.
By the way… don’t think you know what the problem in your salon is because in my experience salon owners think they know what the problem is but it’s rarely what they think. And if you knew – you would have fixed it! I will find it and I will fix it as I have done in 99.9% of businesses I’ve worked with, educated, and Mentored over the past decades.
Now maybe after all the proof and rambling about you’re still not convinced or you might feel you will wait another year and then try again to fix things yourself.
That’s just crazy why would you do that?
Maybe it’s the genuine fear of hiring something and someone very different with a differing and distinct approach that breaks the boundaries and that makes you feel fear and uncertainty?
Well, you’ve seen just a snippet of my proof above and if that isn’t proof enough nothing will ever convince you.
If that’s the case I wish you all the very best.
But if you want to do something exciting, inspiring, tested, proven and energised and finally see the goals you want finally achieve in your salon I am more than ready to help you every step of the way.
And I absolutely promise and guarantee by the end of my SALON MENTOR EXTREME process you will be so happy you’ll probably want to send me a gift that you know I’ll love just to say thank you.
Are you ready to get started on SALON MENTOR EXTREME?
Ok, here what you should know and must confirm you agree with.
- First, I don’t and cannot mentor everyone that asks me. After we talk, if I think and feel I can’t hit the goals we talk over I won’t take you as a client (unrealistic goals like you currently take £1,800 a week and want to increase it to £25,000 per week in a few weeks – totally unrealistic).
- Second, if I do mentor you and your salon, you must be 100% committed to doing exactly as I tell you otherwise we won’t get the results we want.
- Third, you must be committed to being open, honest and have the ability to give me everything I ask for as far as your salon information goes.
- Fourth, you know the investment is from £9,995 for a 90 transformation period. This can vary (according to the size of your salon group) I do not offer a refund of any sort. Once we are committed we will make this happen)
- Fifth, you must promise to send me records of your salons computing records every day and every weekend. I won’t just log in and search for them you must send them daily.
- And finally, you understand that if I have to push you. Hassle you. Harass you call you every hour, email you, WhatsApp you to make sure you’re doing what I need you to do … you will put up with that and accept that never complain about that.
There is more but we will leave that for an actual conversation.
Are you ready to do something very different, something proven, something powerful that can have the force strong enough to change everything in your salon or do you want some more stories and proofs?
All salons are different, all have different needs but all have experienced some pretty mouth-watering results, to say the least!
- One salon I am working with right now had their turnover goal set to £7,500. They smashed it and have just hit £9,000
- Another salon I am working with right were taking an average £2,200 per week. Now they are hitting over £5,000 every week.
- A large salon group I am working with now have all the tools in place to create a huge surge in new clients and turnover
- One more salon I worked with went from almost closed down to hitting around £10,000 every week.
So here are some results. They should come with a warning because you will probably find most unreal. They are all verifiable and supported by my SALON MENTOR EXTREME salon owners.
- Salon average bills UP by 252.6% (one average went from £23 to £170)
- Colour going from 2% to 68% ( one salon went from 3 colours per week to 24 colours)
- Salon turnover up by 233.7% in just 23-days (without a single new client)
- Staffing issues solved in under 5-days (using a proven fix for staffing issues)
- Sales of Olaplex and Balayage from UP A MASSIVE 2750% (sales of Olaplex went from 1 per week to 23 per week in one salon)
- Graduates increasing their columns by 101.3% (without any kind of promotions)
- Stylist increasing their turnover by 465.21% (all without the web, social media and new clients)
- New clients UP by an INCREDIBLE 2633.3% (one mentor salon went from 3 new clients per week to 64 new clients)
And that is a tiny view of what has been going on with my SALON MENTOR EXTREME guys. It’s totally INSANE, to say the least!
Yet Another EXTREME SALON SUCCESS Despite Impending Closure
SALON MENTOR: Caroline Sanderson from Ego Hair in Inverness, Scotland
The huge business mountain facing Caroline was pretty obvious. She is in a city (Inverness, Scotland) with a population of just 41,000. She also had fierce competition from a host of other well-known salons including a couple of large chain franchise salons.
Caroline contacted me, then decided to join SALON MENTOR despite being heavily in debt, having bailiffs knocking at her door, no staff, no real business anymore and no idea what to do next and on the verge of closing after almost 10-years in her salon.
After a long consultation, the hair salon goals and 12-month vision I set for Caroline were very simple but remember – she wanted to sell – I persuaded her to fix it and then sell if she wanted to.
I had planned …
- Get her off the salon shop floor so she could dedicate more time to her kids
- Create a structure within the salon so she could walk in and out knowing it’ll be fine
- Position the salon as the towns number one choice for hairdressing
- Create a brand new income stream for her that she would enjoy doing on a daily basis
- Fill the salon with the very best team
- Create mass-marketing systems for fast coverage
- Get every team member packed from morning until night
- Give her more time with her family
Do this with as little spend as possible (because there was no cash)
So I got to work and planned everything very carefully and UNIQUEto her salon.
She worked really hard in her salon, she did everything she I showed her to do, put everything in place to get her salon business changed and working. And she worked extra time now so she could get the results she desired within her hair salon business.
I want you to remind you before we started working together Caroline by her own admission was struggling to keep her salon business open.
By the way, she is also an artist doing hairdressing to support her art. Artists are NOT the greatest business people.
- After four weeks I INCREASED her salon business by 53.4%
- After four weeks I had a new team in place in her hairdressing salon.
- After just four weeks she had cash in the till
- After just four weeks she had a marketing system that was up and running and delivering results
- Within no limit, her turnover was up by 116%.
Rather than close her salon she went on to grow her new salon business and move premises to a bigger, better more central location.
She did exactly what I told her in her salon and the results arrived and kept on flowing.
Anyway here is what Caroline herself said after her SALON MENTOR period.
The list of what I did for her salon was endless but here is a rough idea.
- BOOKED-UP: Showed her how to get top-flight stylists knocking daily for work
- PRICE STRUCTURE: Showed her how to price her service properly so clients would want more
- STAFF MANAGEMENT: How to control her staff and be fair with them so they stopped leaving
- PACKED COLUMNS: How to fill every column from morning until night so she could do less
- COLUMN BUILDER: How to make sure any new staff would be fully booked before they arrive at her salon using a proven and fail-proof column building system
- DIARY MANAGEMENT: How to make sure no salon time would be lost by staff booking in fake appointments – I showed her how to kill phantom bookings dead
- FREE ADVERTISING: How to get cheap salon advertising and in many cases FREE advertising that made sure the salon was always packed
- WEB MASTERY: How to use the web EFFECTIVELY to get more clients
- SALON MARKETING THAT WORKED: How to create effective salon marketing campaigns that blew the phone off the hook
- SOCIAL: How to use Facebook properly and other social media for maximum effect for her salon
- MEASURING: How to track and measure everything for the best hair salon results
- STRONG SALON: How to build a strong business that would become her towns No.1 salon so she could sell eventually
- SELL MORE: How to sell more services, colour, retail and more
And so much more.
“This is Caroline Sanderson. I’m a SALON MENTOR student of Alan’s.
I took the plunge and entered SALON MENTOR with Alan.
I had to fight back the ‘I cant afford it demons’ and go for it because I knew if I wanted really fast track change with my hair salon I needed to invest and spend time with someone who had been there done it.
I can hardly believe THE CHANGE in not only my business but in ME.
Alan’s strategies and advice with guidance took my business to a 53.4% rise in one month, 116% rise in one year. It would have been more but I had to make HUGE decisions along the way to create the hairdressing salon of my dreams which meant having the confidence to make changes and get the people out who I knew deep down were not right for me and my business in the long term.
I don’t know how long it would have taken me to make these changes without Alan’s support. ‘GO FOR IT. (if ever)
With Alan’s support, I made the changes and STILL made the 116% growth. I have taken what Alan has taught me with my own skills and knowledge and have not only taken my business to near full capacity but he have given me a better understanding of business and I am just about to launch 2 big projects out with the salon.
I now have the confidence and knowledge to push my career forward and create the work life I want… He has GENIUS IDEAS that were so inspiring I didn’t take much time to get excited and start putting them into action.
Anyone thinking of working with Alan I would say go for it. There’s absolutely no question – It will change your life like it did mine.
Here is how my salon business and life look AFTER SALON MENTOR.
- I have 12-weeks Holiday Each Year
- I work ONE Day a Week On The Salon Floor
- Bought a new Car
- New Client Rate Up To 32%
- Rebooking from 15% to 180%
- New Staff Applications Through The Roof
- From Salon Zero To Number One in my City
- Marketing Budget Reduced To Almost Zero
- Ability To Fill My Salon in Less Than An Hour
- Number one Facebook Salon in my city
- Mastered Facebook for Client Management
- New Website On Page One of Google
- Existing Stylists All Packed Out Every day
- Salon Services UP 105%
- Retail Sales UP 72%
Caroline Sanderson Scottish Hairdresser of the Year and Salon Owner Ego Hair Inverness
AN EXTRA £959 A WEEK – from one stylist!
AN EXTRA £959 A WEEK – from one stylist!
read this story from Steve Winder. Steve is a salon owner like you that I Mentored.
I have been in the hairdressing business for 12 years. I have 2 shops one just hairdressing and one that is hair and beauty. The latter I have had for 3 years and the other for nearly 8 years.
The first shop has gone from strength to strength and staff retention has been fantastic however this has caused its own problems with a certain amount of what I call “Comfort Zoning” everyone does well and earns a good wage things is easy and everyone works reasonably hard.
With rising overheads over the last 2 years, things from a profit point of view have suffered. I keep tight budgets 14%-16% of turnover for stock and retail 55% wage bill etc. The wages have been difficult to control for the following reasons:
As minimum wage has hit Juniors have become very expensive. We have had the luxury of training our juniors during the day which has affected turnover but the training has been much more successful as they take more in during the day and I feel that it would be a step in the wrong direction to go back to evenings.
I was paying my stylists 40% of their takings on target figures, however, I realised these were becoming easier to hit and were too low. As we improved the average bill and got things the way they should be everyone was hitting their 40% with ease.
So in November, we had a price increase of 10% (for the business) and we changed stylists commission to 35%. Fun that was as you can imagine trying to explain that one, anyway I have put in bonuses so in-fact they can still earn 40% but at much more realistic figures.
I have never really marketed our salon or done special offers apart from Christmas time more to reward the clients than anything else.
Then I stumbled across Alan at SALON PUNK and found the content really refreshing and interesting and exciting. After reading many of your ebooks I soon realised how I had been missing out!!
So the minute I saw your MENTORING advice I just had to get it.
The day I got it I was presenting a Strategy Meeting with my staff, what a fantastic opportunity to put what I was reading into practice.
So I explained some of the things we were going to do and they all seemed very supportive. At the same time, I had a really good Senior Stylist from my other shop leave and I used the Job Flyers in the window to help find someone.
I have always had an ongoing recruitment plan in place but this was the first time I had really marketed the idea. What a response, not so much from stylists but receptionists and juniors coming out of my ears. One stylist did come in but he wanted to work at my first shop and not the other as he had a big client base he said would follow him.
So I thought well I do not really need someone here but I will interview him and give him a trade test. He was Fantastic!!! I just had to take him on!!!! So great new stylist, your marketing programs, let’s give it a real shot. You see to him this was how we always operated he did not realise that I had just got all this great information.
So we worked thru Alan’s vouchers, how to get people to rebook, consultation, with the focus on redesign (as everyone in our area is “colour experts”) flyers in the windows are new stylist offers, out in the street giving out leaflets, in local shops and in the area he used to work in, and as I said …
… he was fully booked Thursday, Friday and Saturday taking £700 even with the offers. Great! I monitored his progress put up the sheets you sent and put all the others staffs details on their two.
Now we have always put a graph in the staff room every week but without the detail its always been who took the most. Every member of staff was interested and could not wait to find out who had rebooked the most clients.
The second week went just as well even though the weather caused a lot of cancellations. But he was still busy full booked Friday and Saturday, he even took the most on Saturday just gone!!!
I have noticed that the rest of the team have really started to pull their socks up, have started to be able to fit people in? retail more? have fun in trying to get clients to rebook?.
The third week. Things still going well!! My new stylist took £959.00 net last week and did loads of offers, the flyer re only 50 cut & colours working fantastically well.
He has done 10 new clients to the salon and 50% have already re-booked. Starting new stylist at our other shop next week and we will be doing the same with her.
So far things have gone extremely well with Alan’s mentor advice I promise to keep you posted. Thanks.
Steve Winder, Salon Owner
PS Steve recently updated me on his progress and tells me one of his team is taking around £1,700 per week and all the salon is booked up every single week. It has taken him 16 weeks to get to this stage. NOT BAD I SAY!
The Young Graduate From £250 a week to £1,700 a week
The Young Graduate From £250 a week to £1,700 a week
This is a killer story and a story of possibility that I have seen many salon owners resist. Let me say this … a graduate is a stylist but still in training. Most graduates have a capability that needs to be encouraged, nurtured and released. This way they will perform for you. If you don’t at some point release them onto the shop floor they will move on to a salon that will allow them to express themselves more fully. That leaves you going back to the interviews and being short staffed.
So, the salon owner had lost a couple of stylists and his manager. He told me about this young 20-year old that is still a graduate. After talking about her work he said she isn’t good enough. He is an amazing hairdresser with decades of experience so he was measuring the girl against his own skillset. I encouraged him to forget the industry bullshit, rules and restrictions for now and give the kid a chance.
We planned it carefully knowing and understanding that we might have around four-weeks of hairdressing work that maybe wasn’t quite as good as it should be. I do know this though – what we notice as experienced hairdressers from graduates the client rarely will notice unless of course it is an absolute disaster. Even then that can easily be avoided 99% of the time.
Anyway, we put a plan of action together and pushed her in at the deep-end with a client column. Despite the small amount of work that wasn’t quite as it should have been she started to flourish very early on. I wanted to capture and encourage her youthful and internal enthusiasm and rapid growth process in an extreme way.
When we began this small journey her column would be taking around just £250 a week.
In under ten-weeks of doing as I had planned using my more Extreme Methods© and directed my salon owner she delivered a week’s takings in her column of £1,700 in turnover.
Unreal. Unbelievable. Jaw-Dropping. Faking it? Absolute verifiable and true!
Worth remembering it’s pretty rare to find stylists that are taking more than £1,000 per week through their column so for a salon baby this was just cool!
- We gave her a chance a perfect opportunity.
- We made her believe everything was possible.
- We showed her the door to her dreams.
- We offered her a real possibility.
And we encouraged her. We showed her love. We spent time with her and her work skills. We set the bar high. We set her targets high but to her these were just targets and we never mentioned they were high. We trained her to work on her averages for all services especially higher average services like colour and Olaplex.
This whole process was tracked and measured daily. The tracking encouraged the salon owner but it also gave the stylist a position to be responsible for hitting her targets. Tracing and measuring everything is an essential key to extreme change.
As I type she is still doing incredibly well with her now weekly packed and high-demand column.
From £550 a week to £2000 plus per week –INSANE!
This salon owner sent me his salon numbers. I noticed as the salon owner he was taking and performing very low.
We talked about it and I noticed he allowed the clients to make decisions. They would tell him as a hairdresser what to do. Another thing I noticed quickly was the fear he had of asking at the desk for invoices. So we re-invented and recreated his consultation process. This process took time to practice and get right.
He was to listen closely and then offer his honest, open and direct advice. He knew what would look amazing on the client but never felt as though he could really share that advice and changes without his client’s permission or the client’s request.
He discovered most clients want hair change – this means higher averages.
He discovered most clients wanted to try or have colour – this again means higher averages.
He discovered most clients want incredible feeling hair – more charge.
In fact he discovered so much that his column went from a fluctuating £500 to over £2,000 per week and is stable at around £2,000 per week.
How did we do that?
- By listening very close to what the client was asking for.
- By regaining his confidence and knowing the client was ready to change and spend in his salon.
- By understanding that price isn’t the issue regardless of how high it went it was a fear of a hair disaster that was the issue for the client.
- By advising colour and creating new technique for client colour.
- By advising restyle and charging for the restyle and colour or anything else like retail that went with the restyle.
- By gaining confidence in his prices and his value.
Very quickly, in fact, in under a week his numbers began to rise very fast.
The first week we worked together his taking was around £250 as an average. By the time he had completed his Mentor Extreme© program, his column was hitting £2,000 and above. He had also had an extreme average bill of £163. How would you feel asking for that at your desk?
This revealed a lot for me and it was this. Even the most experienced and senior hairdressers can make massive, fast and extreme changes in their columns when they want to.
Self-belief is a major key.
How About This In Your Salon … How to sell over 250 Olaplex services!
When I discovered Olaplex I couldn’t believe more salons weren’t selling it. £25 per shot has to be the easiest money ever. Most salons I deal with are selling literally a handful every week.
The one thing I noticed is that the price is a major factor for the staff. How do you ask for £25 for essentially what is a squirt of hair cream?
Well that is how hairdresser was seeing it.
So we did a little training on mindsets and mental buying patterns. This of course reveal something obvious that really isn’t that obvious… the client is buying amazing condition, shine and hair health – not a squirt of cream.
So with a new approach to consulting we finally added this one thing and this one thing was powerful.
Ready? Here it is.
It was a question.
“Have you heard of Olaplex?”
The client would mostly say no and the stylist would explain the magical power of Olaplex.
One salon I worked with went from selling two Olaplex a week to selling – 27 in a single week. Shall I tell you what that is in cash?
An extra £675 at the desk and all they had to do was ask a question. The client would reply yes or no.
Here’s what we learned.
- We have to think as the client thinks.
- We have to tell the client what client needs.
- We should never assume what the client wants to pay.
- We should never assume the price is high for them.
- We should never assume they’d never pay the extra.
- We should be trained and try different approaches to make sure what we are doing is working.
Get as much FREE support as possible from our suppliers. The more we sell the more discounts we demand so we increase our profits.
Now imagine this. Going from just 2 to 27 Olaplex services in a single week and with takings at £675 from the new weekly Olaplex sales.
If that kind of extreme momentum was maintained for a year that means an extra £35,100 in turnover from a little squirt or two of cream! That’s a vision worth thinking about don’t you think?
What’s stopping you?
CLIENTS UP a totally mental 583%
New clients up by a totally mental 583%
This salon had 2% new clients. That isn’t enough to grow and would eventually mean certain closure in the future. So how did we increase those new clients from one a week to over forty in a single week?
The big myth is you have to endlessly advertise for new clients – you don’t. But you do have to do something. Some salons hate advertising of any kind and want to simply attract clients. Believe me some salons do just that and they do it incredibly well. My wife always went to an indie salon in London. Prices were high, staff looked like rock stars, you couldn’t make an appointment so at times you’d have to wait two hours for a haircut. The chance of getting a request stylist was slim unless you sat and waited forever. They were and are packed.
But they are the unusual. Most salons I work with struggle to get new clients and feel the only way to get them is to discount or advertise. This as they say is fake news.
Let me say a line about discounting. It will destroy your salon long term and is very difficult to reverse. There is a blog all about this on www.salonpunk.comworth a read if you haven’t read it.
So how did we pull in over forty new clients in a week and growing?
We simply asked every existing client to bring a friend or family member that hadn’t been before if they would bring a new client into our salon. This took confidence, patience, training, and trial and error. Some staff didn’t like doing it and some loved doing it. The potential was huge and over 64 new clients in a week was a result for sure.
But look at this.
The average bill in this salon was £41.50. That meant an extra £2,656 based on the averages in a single week in that salon but it was higher – much higher because they are also selling Olaplex, restyles and other client demand services. In a single week this salon had increased its turnover by over £3,000.
Like I warned you – unbelievable – extreme and mind-blowing numbers. No wonder a long-term rep advised a salon owner what I do was made up numbers. Yes to most they are but the reality is this is very do-able for you and your salon by making simple changes.
Would you like that?
You know time and time again I see this stuff as so simple. It is a little effort and some extra training. If you can do that you can increase your salon turnover very fast.
EXTREME Salon Turnaround That Took Just 12-Days!
Extreme Salon turnaround in 12-days that was NUTS!
This was a salon that was going to close at the end of the month. Now image this.
She hadn’t been paid for months. Debt was spiraling out of control. Her staff wages and stock were a struggle to pay. She couldn’t pay her mortgage. Can you image the pressure and stress and sleepless nights? I get that because I have been there and it freezes you to the spot so that it feels like nothing is possible.
It’s worth sharing what she was doing to get busy. It wont take me long to tell you because it was one single thing.
She has spent what look liked forever investing, spending and posting on social media with no results to show for it yet she carried on posting hoping that what the ‘self proclaimed experts’ were telling her was right. It wasn’t it was total business bullshit that was destroying her salon.
Let me get this out of the way. Stop allowing amateurs to advice and tell you what works in your business. I have been working with real businesses including my own since 1985 and I can share with you I have seen many an expert still get paid as he or she watches the business they advice to slowly crumble under the amateur advice. I have also seen business fold under bad advice. You’ve been warned.
So here is what we did.
One word – EVERYTHING – we could.
Here is what I believe. If you are drowning you do everything you can to stay alive. You grab everything and refuse no help. It is an extreme moment and a moment that has to be grabbed by both hands and feet where possible. No exaggeration this is survival.
So for me … we use everything to reduce the risk of trying things that might or might not happen or work.
Here is how the world of most marketing and ad agencies works. They pull out a top-drawer plan they use for everyone. Like a blueprint. They then start the long drawn out process of putting your plan together by pretending it is bespoke for you when in reality it’s the same as what everyone gets apart from the new logo they insist on. The even bigger problem is it can take a minimum of 3-months to get anything moving.
This salon was hanging on the edge of a cliff by its fingertips, it was trying desperately you keep its head above water… months was out of the question, this had to be in days and weeks.
Here’s one thing a lot of salon or marketing experts understand online. Being online is about two things. First is traffic or visitors and the other is conversion. For every salon online in most cases you need around 100 visitors at least. To drive 100 visitors to a website or Facebook page has never been more difficult. Some pages are getting literally a handful of visitors weekly. This will mean a dramatically reduced amount of clients if this is where a salon focuses due to the low conversion ratio.
- Likes aren’t cash at the desk.
- Shares aren’t cash at the desk.
- Views aren’t cash at the desk.
And posting content unless it’s seen, read, targeted and studied will do nothing apart from devour your time and efforts and of course money. This will kill your salon.
To start with for this salon we spoke to people, sent letters to people, created simple visibility flyers, stood outside her salon, stood outside her local coffee shops, created small ventures with other business and had as many daily conversations with as many people as possible.
A sample program was created and supported with a referral program. The sample program never meant free as the upselling for other services had been trained practiced and relentlessly pursued. After one week of doing this the salon takings had gone from £950 to £2,300. Let me stay this once more.
IN A SINGLE WEEK from £950 to £2,300 in real money taken at the desk …
… and put into the bank and all with NO social media or online efforts.
EXTREME to say the least! She called me in tears of happiness. I had tears for her. What a truly exciting moment. This salon was now not only about to survive but also about to stabilize, thrive and grow and it did even as I write this salon is killing it with takings of over £10,000 every week at our last conversation.
- We had to stop everything that was being done in the salon to supposedly build the business.
- We had to rethink the whole process.
- We had to STOP the endless addiction to posting on social media the same as what every other salon was posting.
- We had to get creative and create a new approach locally.
- We had to let the whole population know we are there and know we are the best at what we are doing.
- We had to change our own habits, which isn’t easy but was done for the sake of survival.
- We had to change the way staff were working and reacting to clients.
- We had to make sure everyone understood the purpose of sampling and a referral program.
- We had to have a strong vision and self-belief that everything was going to be fine but we had to work really fast to make sure this salon survived.
And of course after the salon was back on track they continued their social media using a new approach that increased their fan base and customers dramatically.
The change was dramatic. The change was extreme. The effort not only saved her business but also saved jobs and serviced the city with amazing hairdressing.
SALON MENTOR EXTREME Gets Results In Salons Like All The Time
The Following HAS BEEN FIXED In Salons Just Like Yours …
- Salon Clients Up 85.2%
- Salon Averages Up: 586.3%
- Clients Having Colour Up: 700%
- Turnover Up: 177.2%
- Turnover Uo: 223.7%
- Team Issues Fixed
- Staffing Problems Solved
- Stylists Recruitment Solved
- Company Issues Fixed (some successful increases as high as 19%)
- Price Structured Fixed
- Creating Advertising That Actually Attracts New Clients
- Creating New Irresistible Offers For Clients
- Installing New Specialists High Demand, High Priced Hairdressing services
- Done – Fast-Transitioning Graduates By 12-Months Safely
- Done – Redesigning Interviewing For New Stylists
- Done – Building New Teams From Ground-Up
- SAVED: Turning Around a Salon in 23-Days
- Salon Management Structures In Place
- Total Rebranding of Salon Perception, Look and Feel
- Fixed: New Systems For Marketing
- Fixed: Proven Ways To Build Columns Before Stylist Start
- Fixed: Proven Ways To Create a Happy Team Installed
- Fixed: The Perfect Ways to Keep Stylists
- Fixed: Proven and Tested Ways To Set Your team On-Fire
- In Progress: Giving A Tired Salon a Facelift
- Understanding What a Client Thinks Sells More
- Understanding What a Hairdresser Thinks Sells More
- Fixed: Overcoming Price Obstacles
- Fixed: How To Safely Increase Prices
- Fixed: How to Pay staff the Right Amount
- Fixed: How To structure Commissions
- Fixed: How To Sell Tons Of Olaplex
- Fixed: How To send Balayage Sales Through The Roof
- Fixed: How to Create Perfect Offers Without Being a Discount Salon
- Done: The Best Way To Use Email
- Done: The Best Way To Use SMS for marketing
- Fixed: The Perfect Consultation!
- Done: Why Clients Want To Spend In Your Salon
And so much more it’s hard to write everything down here but know this.
Whatever Issues You Are faced With Right Now In Your Salon Can Be Fixed Using Proven, Tested and Reliable, Risk-Free Tactics
But also know this … The BIGGEST THREAT To Your Hairdressing Salon Business Today is …
1. Doing nothing … creates – NO-THING!
2. MIS-INFORMATION is INFO That Just Loses You Even More Money
Today, there is far too much ‘NEW expertise’ and confusion over what makes a salon business work really well. There are too many ‘NEW’ experts with no real salon or business expertise. There are too many Apps, systems and touch this and that – that frankly just confuse salon owners.
Social media, salon systems, iPads, Paypal, Google Accounts, amazing websites, email systems and every bell and whistle you can think of but the problem YOU FACE is confusion.
I speak to salon owners like you on a regular basis.
You will be like them – tuned in and have everything but you will also have the same issues and it is this.
- Is sending a letter in the post no longer working?
- Should I use just email?
- Are vouchers just yesterdays thing?
- Is text the best thing for me to use?
- What the hell do I do with this computer system?
- Will an App get my salon busy?
- Do I need to be on page one of Google?
- Should I advertise in a newspaper?
- Can I do everything on my iPad?
- What’s the point of a receptionist?
- Surely being a good hairdresser is enough?
- Why should I do marketing I am a hairdresser?
- They say this and others say that … what really works?
- Should I drop my prices?
- Should I raise my prices?
- Does discounting work?
- How do I get faces away from their phones and looking at my salon Adverts?
- Can I get off the salon floor?
Confusion and struggle but actually … YOUR SALON CAN BE AMAZING. Your salon can be NUMBER ONE!
Imagine if you began working with an expert with over three decades of business experience has owned three-salons and has worked inside the industry since 1982?
Let me say that again…
WHAT IF: You have a REAL SALON BUSINESS EXPERT that has been in the industry since 1982 helping you?
WHAT IF: you have a REAL SALON EXTREME RESULTS EXPERT that has built a multi-million-pound salon from scratch despite the competition?
WHAT IF: You have a REAL SALON MARKETING EXPERT that has worked in over 400 different industries apart from hairdressing as a business expert a highly-regarded consultant, advisor and a trusted partner since the mid-nineties?
WHAT IF: You has someone with all of that SALON EXPERIENCE take you by the hand and guide you into BIGGER, BETTER And STRONGER salon business?
WHAT IF: That same expert will take your creative personality, your uniquely individual salon and create a MASTER BLUEPRINT designed just for YOUR SALON ONLY?
And eventually WHAT IF – Not only you manage to COME OFF THE SHOP FLOOR but take your salon from a hairdressing salon and transform into a REAL BUSINESS that delivers truly EXTREME results? SALON MENTOR EXTREME CHANGES EVERYTHING.
How Does SALON MENTOR EXTREME WORK …?
How Does SALON MENTOR EXTREME WORK …?
As soon as you decide to work with me we get started. WARNING: It is fast and furious and I guarantee if you have a problem that is urgent it will be fixed in days – not months!
It is a 12-week program with upgrade options.
100% of salons so far upgrade into another 12-weeks or 12-months. That’s easy to do once the results begin to pour in and they usually do very quickly.
We speak, we set higher than average goals and targets, we create the simplest fastest most effective route to hitting those targets and then we use ONLY proven and measurable systems and tools to make sure you hit them.
I will call you daily, text you daily, email you daily, WhatsApp you daily and use whatever it takes to make sure you are doing exactly what it is you need to be doing so we hit the goals.
SALON MENTOR EXTREME salon owners have to text me over 100 times in a single day.
- Rang my mobile number at 11:50 pm in tears with urgent problems
- Text me at 3:39 am with a problem
- Emailed me over 31 times in a day
- Sent me emails longer than a short essay
- Put before me just about every problem you can think off and together we have solved the problem and solved them fast.
So once more: Once you are on SALON MENTOR EXTREME you have open access to me for 12-weeks, or 84 days or 2016 hours and that is 7-days a week.
And if you want me to visit your salon that can be arranged with a simple upgrade price at the end of this page.
Are You Ready For Your SALON MENTOR EXTREME Experience?
I would love to MENTOR you and hold your hand in a very careful but well-planned SALON SUCCESS.
There are a few rules to SALON MENTOR you should know.
Can you say YES to the following?
- YES: we deliver great service and strive to be the very best
- YES: we have room to grow
- YES: we don’t have enough clients
- YES: I am committed to doing more
- YES: I am a good listener and will do as I am guided
- YES: I want my salon to be the very best
- YES: I am very open to marketing and doing what you tell me
- YES: I will be respectful during any training and take any constructive advice well
- YES: I agree to be focused on SALON MENTOR
- YES: I am honest and will share what you need during SALON MENTOR
- YES YES YES … I absolutely want and need the change in my salon.
SALON MENTOR EXTREME Is A Safe Investment Here Is Why
First, let’s look at some really simple numbers to increase your salon income
Let’s say you want to take an extra £20K in the next 90-days.
Let’s also assume your average hair bill is £45, And with an upsell, the bill can be the average of £100.
And for the sake of example assume you are a team of 4 including a junior.
With just TWO extra clients a day (and it is very easy and possible), that’s one in the morning, one in the afternoon that’s 6 new clients between your 3 stylists a day or £270.
If you have a plan and focus on sustaining extra 2 clients a day 5 times a week that’s £270 x 5 = £1350 extra in a week!
That’s £5400 extra takings in a month and 120 extra clients!
Over 90 days (3 months) your new income can rise by £16,200 cutting hair (£5400 x 3).
Now, look what happens if you upsell.
Will you learn and understand the specifics of POWERFUL upselling 15% of those extra clients? Colour upsell can be as high as 30% to 70% in some salons.
That’s 18 clients paying £100 or an extra £1800 a month
LOOK AT THE NUMBERS – This is real SALON CHANGE and POWER!
Over 90 days (3 months) your new income can rise by £16,200 cutting hair (£5400 x 3), plus an upsell of £5400 (£1800 x 3)
Total of extra £21,600 in the next 90-days!
Over 12 months your income will rise by £86,400 (£21,600 x 4)
The above are averages. The above can vary in all salons – in your salon. The above is based on REAL NUMBERS and average results. The results can and do vary from salon to salon.
So of course, numbers above are for illustration purposes and they can be as high or low as you need them to be but SALON MENTOR EXTREME program will make sure we get your numbers right from our first meetings.
THE OUTRAGEOUS SALON REALITY IS THIS – That by NOT managing and building your hairdressing salon EFFECTIVELY you are likely to be missing out on a MASSIVE £115,871 in sales?
Yes, that is the average sales LOST & MISSED in the average salon that does not have POWERFUL AND TESTED salon marketing systems in place. SALON MENTOR fixes all of that.
Let me illustrate
Your salon clients naturally drop by at least 11-13% every year.
That is if you have 500 clients, every year you’d be losing around 55 of them! If your average bill is… £45, that means you’d be taking a £2,475 cut every year, and if you did nothing about it, in 3 years time you’d be £7,425 worth off!
A SHOCKING FACT that is hard to read!
If you are not engaged and connected to your clients DAILY not only they forget about your salon, they will go to your competitors.
Active salon marketing has some surprising numbers that can not be ignored…
FACT: for every 100 new visitors to your salon’s social media profile, or salon website you should be acquiring one new paying client. That means if every month you get 1000 new visitors you should be 10 new clients better off.
Taking numbers from above, if your average bill is £45, that is £450 more money in the till in a month – Over 12 months that is £5400 better off! In other words, if you do not get new clients you are missing off another £5400 every year!
When was the last time you checked how many people visited your salon website?
In a nutshell, if people do not see your salon through the Internet that’s the numbers you are missing out on.
What about marketing to existing salon clients?
Upsells? Missing salon clients and salon retail sales? If you don’t do something, slowly the numbers will start to fall back. For example, did you know that over 65% of your missing clients will come back to you?
So, if you have every year 55 clients that gone missing (assuming usual 11% of a drop-out rate) and you have not chased missed clients for the past 3 years that is 165 missing clients. If you recover at a proven to be able to recover rate of 65% – that is 107clients or £4,826 extra cash in the till!
Same goes for the missed opportunity of increasing the frequency of visits and upsells in between! If you have a client that visits your salon 6x a year, can you increase by just 8 times a year? Just 2 extra visit! That does not sound like a lot, but it is an extra £90 per client every year. If you increased the frequency of just 10% of your salon clients, assuming you have 500 clients, that is 50 more visits a year, or extra £45*50 = £2,250!
If you do not manage staff and the reception how can you measure the cost of cancelled appointments?
Time is one thing you can no resell! So if you have stylists that are happy to cancel or book empty clients (that happens right?) every day and twice a day, that is £90 of missed sales every day (again, assuming average bill is £45)!
That’s a massive £540 a week, and a HUGE £2,160 a month! or £25,920of missed salon sales every year!
What about running an ad? Whether you choose to run in the magazine or on social media, running ads cost money but they bring money. One salon ad Alan was running in his salons every week in the paper brought estimated £75,000 every year, yet it only cost £50 a week, or just £2400 to run every year!
Finally, let’s sum up your missed cash – taking all above, it’s a massive £115,871 …
… of missed revenue just because you did not take the time to review and do some proven salon marketing!
A lot of cash to miss for any hairdressing salon, whether you have 1, 10 or 100 staffed salons!
Not a good plan!
The good news. You can market your salon and not only recover and generate £115,871 every year, but increase that number.
SALON MENTOR EXTREME Is Focused On You, Your Salon and Real Results (not fads or gimmicks)
Everything I build into YOUR easy-to-follow program is built around YOUR SALON.
WHAT IS Salon Mentor 12-week Training?
This again can vary so what you read is a rough outline based on averages.
- OPEN ACCESS TO ALAN: you will have open access via text, email, calls, WhatsApp, Skype and more
- BESPOKE: A completely bespoke and unique mentor for your salon over 12-weeks
- UNIQUE: Your salon is creative and unique, your mentor will also be uniquely created for your salon
- CUSTOM BUILT: A bespoke and unique salon mentor custom-designed for your salon only
- SUPER SALON BUILDING BLUEPRINT for your next 12-weeks in the salon
- 12-month plan: in action beyond the 12-weeks
- An initial mastermind and planning call for as long as it takes (1-2 hours) Skype is best.
- EASY-TO-FOLLOW: quick and easy directions to do daily
- A complete review of your salon workings, includes the critical review of your current marketing systems, promotional materials, retail business, staff functions and all areas of salon business
- Numbers – work out the numbers you need to hit and work out the plan how to achieve that increase, including but not limited to a thorough research of your customers and potential customers
- A detailed plan how to reach and engage with TONS of new clients
- A detailed plan how to use the web to ENGAGE and increase sales from current clients
- One client increase turnover in a single day by £800 by simply changing the words to her salon slogan!
- HOW TO create and use POWER WORDS that sell your salon services like crazy
- Staff – review to maximize the earning potential, and critical staff management super-plan, custom-created for your salon
- How to do a TOTAL marketing overhaul where needed
- PROVEN ADVICE on Salon Systems overhaul
- GUIDANCE on the most effective Salon Business strategy
- Salon Mentor EXTREME is unique to your salon, there will be custom tools added or taken according to your salon needs.
By the end of Salon Mentor 12 weeks, it is our hope you will have not only hit the numbers but you will want to carry on working with me until your bigger picture has been achieved.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT …
SALON MENTOR EXTREME Works Out – FREE …
…I always focus on making sure you have your investment back before your SALON MENTOR EXTREME ENDS.
One salon on salon mentor recovered their investment in just TWO WEEKS!
If you spend the £9,995 I will maximize what you already have to make sure you recover that investment as fast as possible.
The faster this is done the faster you will get your investment back. The REALITY means your SALON MENTOR can actually be FREE.
Finally, I have been doing this a long time now. I have seen success, I have experienced changes and I have seen salon owners absolutely transformed after being mentored into what actually works so as to avoid all the confusion out there today.
Whether your hairdressing salon is just you and a junior (that’s how I started)
Whether you have 4 stylists and want to get to 8
Whether you have 8 and would love to get to 12
Whether you have one hair salon and want to avoid the looming but AVOIDABLE issues that can come with a second salon
Whether you are part of a salon group and you need reliable sustainable salon growth
SALON MENTOR EXTREME IS FOR YOU.
SALON MENTOR EXTREME – YOUR INVESTMENT
Price from £9,995 (larger salons or groups – price to be quoted)
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO RIGHT NOW
SALON MENTOR EXTREME
- SALON MENTOR EXTREME is a 12-week period.
- OPTION 1. Four payments of £2,995 (One now and then monthly)
- OPTION 2. Three payments of £3,666 (One now and then monthly)
- OPTION 3. Single payment of £9,995
- UPGRADES available for longer terms or salon groups. Price to be quoted.
- Convert here … www.xe.com
This is a 12-week program that has been very carefully designed for years of results from salons just like yours. The program also takes into account your creativity, your unique approach and issues, specialities or specific problems you might be facing.
Get in touch right away and let’s get your salon TRANSFORMED, lets turn it into a real business that works like never before so you can have more freedom, less sleepless nights, more cash in the bank, more clients that you can ever handle, a number one salon and a business that you can sell or hand-over to your family in the future.
And of course – let’s get you OFF THE SHOP FLOOR!
Places are always limited so as to keep the MENTORING quality very high.
I would love to help you QUICKLY TRANSFORM YOUR SALON.
REQUEST A CALLBACK FROM ALAN – where you can ask anything questions you need an answer to. This is a NO-OBLIGATION and absolutely no pressure call.
Once you send your message someone in the office, Tamara, Lily or myself will see it and get right back to you within 30-minutes max.
Text: + 00 44 7793069486
Salon Mentor Is Just Amazing!
Before I Go …
How do I know everything is possible for salons just like yours?
First I have been there and done it. second I have worked with salons just like yours and seen some of the most incredible dramatic changes you’d ever think possible.
Now I will not say making the changes are easy – they aren’t – and I won’t say having a social media account and sitting there with your face in a screen or doing a ton of discounts will help your business because in my experience – it really won’t.
But I will say this.
I have seen results so extreme that despite the fact that most salons are looking for 5 or 10% growth over a year I am delivering results if 233.7% growth for salon owners just like you in just 23-days!
No wonder it’s so damned EXTREME.
But working with me comes with a warning and that is this. You must be committed to working with me, pushing hard, pushing through and doing as you are told. This is a program that leaves the ego at the door, leaves you feeling tired but will give you the most excited feeling and rush you’ve probably ever experienced in your life.
You’ve seen the results above and anyone’s hat is honest will be blown away by them.
If that is what you want I am ready to help you.
And it makes no difference to me if you’ve been open for 30-years or 6-months. We can absolutely make this happen.
So if you are any to turn your salon into a real business and feel ready for some EXTREME results. I am here and ready to move with you.
Let’s talk, you know how to get hold of me.
The Salon Punk, Alan Forrest Smith