Do you have a salon competitors? If you are a typical salon owner, your salon must be right next to, or almost next to your competitor’s salon. The salon industry can be super competitive like that. But that can be a good thing as well. It simply means there is a demand for your salon business and there are plenty of customers out there with lots of hair on their heads!
It is because of the salon competitors that your salon brand identity is more important than ever. In order to stand out from your salon competitors here are a few points you should consider as a salon owner.
7 Ways to remain ahead of your salon competitors
- Differentiate your salon brand: Identify what makes your salon brand unique and emphasize those qualities. Highlight your unique selling points, whether it’s superior hair design quality, innovative features, exceptional customer service, or a distinctive salon brand personality. Find a way to clearly communicate these differentiators to your salon customers to set yourself apart.
- Know your target audience – your salon clients: Understand what your clients really need. A lot of times when clients seek a new haircut there is very little to do with the hairstyle but a lot to do with making them feel good about themselves. People go through different life stages, from divorce to exciting new life events, hair is often the first thing they want to change to make them feel good, empowered, and happy. We used to run the salon ad for 12 years that said… “When was it last time you changed your hair?” It kept pooling people day in and day out because no-one else was asking. So find a way to communicate and tap into your client’s desires.
- Offer exceptional customer experience in your salon: Delivering outstanding customer service is not something that can happen in the background, instead really take time to devise a system as part of your salon management to deliver great customer service and make sure every hair stylist and salon receptionist is trained to deliver the system. Happy customers become loyal advocates who will spread the word about your salon brand.
- Innovate and adapt: Stay ahead of the curve by continuously innovating and adapting to market trends. Monitor hair and beauty industry developments to identify opportunities for improvement. A new product that keeps clients’ hair straight and shiny for longer? Make sure your clients know about that. Again, keep training your team members to become great ambassadors of the new product and services in your salon.
- Leverage digital marketing for your hair salon business: Utilize digital marketing strategies effectively to amplify your brand’s visibility and reach. Develop a strong online presence through search engine optimization (SEO), social media marketing, content marketing, and targeted advertising. Engage with your clients through compelling and valuable content, interactive experiences, and personalized messaging. To really make marketing work for you, take time to ask the right questions why you are posting and sharing on social media, or how do you actually use email newsletters and posters in your salon? This too should be part of your salon marketing and management strategy.
- Foster customer engagement: Encourage active participation and engagement from your customers. Think about contests, surveys, user-generated content campaigns, or social media challenges to involve your audience directly with your salon brand. This builds a sense of community and creates a deeper connection between your customers and your brand.
- Continuously monitor and improve: Regularly evaluate your performance and gather feedback from customers. Make everyone responsible for their own columns, customer relations and actions. Track and measure the performance on a daily and weekly bases. It’s essential to not only stay ahead of the salon competitors but to keep an eye on cashflow and sales.
In conclusion regarding your salon competitors
Remember, standing out against the competition within your salon industry requires consistent effort, ongoing innovation, and an understanding of your clients. By focusing on what’s unique about your salon business, exceptional customer experience, and a strong brand presence, you can position your business as a preferred choice in the market.
Have a great