Digital gift cards have become increasingly more popular among local businesses to supplement the cash flow and support local brands. But not every hair salon has a way to sell online gift cards through the website, if you still have not got the gift cards set up for sale it is time to get things moving.
After all, selling gift cards is one of the fastest and easiest ways to start selling online and secure cash flow right now even if your salon is currently shut.
Most websites these days will offer an easy way to set up gift cards on your website, we use both Shopify and Squarespace but I am sure many other apps exist to use if you do your research. Whatever platform you use here’s how it works:
- Either create a simple online shop for your salon or if you have a salon website find a way to plug in an app to help you set one up (ask for help if you are not comfortable with technical stuff).
- Share the link among your salon clients who might be happy to support you and purchase one for
themselves or as gifts to others.
- Customers then can buy and pay for gift cards through your online store.
- Automatically deliver the gift card via email to your customer.
- Track and manage your active gift cards.
- If you are selling hair products via gift cards make sure to have your shipping or click and
collect set up as well.
Simple and easy. So whether you are relaunching your salon business, restarting or you are already open and running post-Covid adding an option to start selling gift cards is an additional source of instant cashflow.
Get started and happy gift-giving
Tamara Machavariani Forrest-Smith