Every now and then you have to take a leap of faith. Life’s like that. Love, relationships, health, business it’s just life.
Some risk can feel higher than others especially where money is involved.
I once paid a consultant in the USA $5,000 for 30 -minutes of advice. I spent maybe 3-years thinking about it. I knew he could fast-track a part of my business. Within around 5-minites of the call, he told me exactly what I needed to know and the rest of the 30-minutes was just chatting. I did wonder why I had never done it earlier because of the money I could have had if I had taken that leap 3-years before.
I can tell you it was worth every last penny for that information because it sky-rocketed a specific area of my consulting business.
At the same time when I first got heavily into the business building in 1990, I bought a book on Amazon by famed expert Jay Conrad Levinson (we actually became great friends but that’s a whole other story).
The book cost me £10. What I learned and applied helped my business turn over hundreds upon hundreds of thousands over the years. Even that for me was a leap of faith because I invested a ton of time on to doing and trying things in my little hairdressing salon.
So what do you do if your salon is facing certain bankruptcy, imminent closure, and a life disaster and of course you don’t have a penny in the bank?
1. Get help fast?
2. Get a job faster?
This is a true story. Almost biblical in the recovery and resurrection of a 9-year old salon facing total failure.
It’s EXTREME and proves how an act of leaping in faith can change everything.
Here it is – enjoy.
The huge business mountain facing Caroline was pretty obvious. She is in a city (Inverness, Scotland) with a population of just 41,000. She also had fierce competition from a host of other well-known salons including a couple of large chain franchise salons.
Caroline contacted me, then decided to join SALON MENTOR despite being heavily in debt, having bailiffs knocking at her door, no staff, no real business anymore and no idea what to do next and on the verge of closing after almost 10-years in her salon.
After a long consultation, the hair salon goals and 12-month vision I set for Caroline were very simple but remember – she wanted to sell – I persuaded her to fix it and then sell if she wanted to.
I had planned …
- Get her off the salon shop floor so she could dedicate more time to her kids
- Create a structure within the salon so she could walk in and out knowing it’ll be fine
- Position the salon as the towns number one choice for hairdressing
- Create a brand new income stream for her that she would enjoy doing on a daily basis
- Fill the salon with the very best team
- Create mass-marketing systems for fast coverage
- Get every team member packed from morning until night
- Give her more time with her family
- Do this with as little spend as possible (because there was no cash)
So I got to work and planned everything very carefully and UNIQUEto her salon.
She worked really hard in her salon, she did everything she I showed her to do, put everything in place to get her salon business changed and working. And she worked extra time now so she could get the results she desired within her hair salon business.
I want you to remind you before we started working together with Caroline by her own admission was struggling to keep her salon business open.
By the way, she is also an artist doing hairdressing to support her art. Artists are NOT the greatest business people.
- After four weeks I INCREASED her salon business by 53.4%
- After four weeks I had a new team in place in her hairdressing salon.
- After just four weeks she had cash in the till
- After just four weeks she had a marketing system that was up and running and delivering results
- Within no limit, her turnover was up by 116%.
- Rather than close her salon she went on to grow her new salon business and move premises to a bigger, better more central location.
She did exactly what I told her in her salon and the results arrived and kept on flowing.
Anyway here is what Caroline herself said after her SALON MENTOR period.
The list of what I did for her salon was endless but here is a rough idea.
- BOOKED-UP: Showed her how to get top-flight stylists knocking daily for work
- PRICE STRUCTURE: Showed her how to price her service properly so clients would want more
- STAFF MANAGEMENT: How to control her staff and be fair with them so they stopped leaving
- PACKED COLUMNS: How to fill every column from morning until night so she could do less
- COLUMN BUILDER: How to make sure any new staff would be fully booked before they arrive at her salon using a proven and fail-proof column building system
- DIARY MANAGEMENT: How to make sure no salon time would be lost by staff booking in fake appointments – I showed her how to kill phantom bookings dead
- FREE ADVERTISING: How to get cheap salon advertising and in many cases FREE advertising that made sure the salon was always packed
- WEB MASTERY: How to use the web EFFECTIVELY to get more clients
- SALON MARKETING THAT WORKED: How to create effective salon marketing campaigns that blew the phone off the hook
- SOCIAL: How to use Facebook properly and other social media for maximum effect for her salon
- MEASURING: How to track and measure everything for the best hair salon results
- STRONG SALON: How to build a strong business that would become her towns No.1 salon so she could sell eventually
- SELL MORE: How to sell more services, colour, retail and more
And so much more.
“This is Caroline Sanderson. I’m a SALON MENTOR student of Alan’s.
I took the plunge and entered SALON MENTOR with Alan.
I had to fight back the ‘I cant afford it demons’ and go for it because I knew if I wanted really fast track change with my hair salon I needed to invest and spend time with someone who had been there done it.
I can hardly believe THE CHANGE in not only my business but in ME.
Alan’s strategies and advice with guidance took my business to a 53.4% rise in one month, 116% rise in one year. It would have been more but I had to make HUGE decisions along the way to create the hairdressing salon of my dreams which meant having the confidence to make changes and get the people out who I knew deep down were not right for me and my business in the long term.
I don’t know how long it would have taken me to make these changes without Alan’s support. ‘GO FOR IT. (if ever)
With Alan’s support, I made the changes and STILL made the 116% growth.
I have taken what Alan has taught me with my own skills and knowledge and have not only taken my business to near full capacity but he have given me a better understanding of business and I am just about to launch 2 big projects out with the salon.
I now have the confidence and knowledge to push my career forward and create the work life I want… He has GENIUS IDEAS that were so inspiring I didn’t take much time to get excited and start putting them into action.
Anyone thinking of working with Alan I would say go for it. There’s absolutely no question – It will change your life like it did mine.
Here is how my salon business and life look AFTER SALON MENTOR.
- I have 12-weeks Holiday Each Year
- I work ONE Day a Week On The Salon Floor
- Bought a new Car
- New Client Rate Up To 32%
- Rebooking from 15% to 180%
- New Staff Applications Through The Roof
- From Salon Zero To Number One in my City
- Marketing Budget Reduced To Almost Zero
- Ability To Fill My Salon in Less Than An Hour
- Number one Facebook Salon in my city
- Mastered Facebook for Client Management
- New Website On Page One of Google
- Existing Stylists All Packed Out Every day
- Salon Services UP 105%
- Retail Sales UP 72%
Caroline Sanderson Scottish Hairdresser of the Year and Salon Owner Ego Hair Inverness
An amazing story but really not that unusual for my SALON MENTOR EXTREME people.
I’d love to help you make a leap of faith.
You can do this on your own. Buy the right books, read and educate yourself. It’ll take time but if you have time it can be done. I’ve now spent 33-YEARS educating myself and it has paid off. But if are not a reader and need it fast MENTOR is the fastest route you’ll ever take.
A salon owner told me last week his business is up 4.4% year-on year. That might not sound much but it is also around £70,000 up in just weeks after starting mentor.
I am ready to help you regardless of …
You are a new salon
You opened year ago and have stalled
You are doing well but demand more
My extreme strategies are designed to build your business regardless fo size. Systems, strategies and problem solving so you can get off the shop floor and build a real business that supports your life.
That’s what I always wanted. I know that is what you want.
Finally, it is 33 degrees here today.
It is hot, dry and dusty in Tbilisi.
Last night I was invited to present and talk about one of my books by the famous Writers House of Georgia based in Tbilisi.
See the photo attached.
Hairdressing led me to this point and I am grateful for that.
You can do whatever it is you want to do.
It is a choice.
I am waiting to help you.