SALON MENTOR 2018
NEW YEAR: Get ready to make 2018 nothing like any year before using PROVEN salon strategies!
TRANSFORM: The most effective ways ever to TRANSFORM your salon
CREATE: The fastest ways designed to build and grow your salon in weeks (not years)
SOLVE: How to solve, repair, rebuild your salon and create a BEST-SELLING salon faster than you would have ever believed.
No. 1 SALON: The only way to build your number one salon without risk!
Dear Salon Owner,
You might have bought our SALON EXTREME BEST SELLING salon business building manual SX-21 but you still want more. You bought other books, you went on courses but you are still struggling to get the PLAN together?
You’ve also come to realise this one fact. YOUR SALON cannot carry on the way it’s going.
- Not enough clients
- Not enough business
- Not enough cash in the till
If you’re sick and tired of being sick and tired of the same salon problems week in week out SALON MENTOR 2018 is exactly what you need.
GREAT NEWS: You might have read salon mentor before and you might even think you can’t afford it.
Read the following and then think again.
MASSIVE SALON SUCCESS despite impending closure
SALON MENTOR: Caroline Sanderson from Ego hair in Inverness
The huge unclimbable business mountain facing Caroline was pretty obvious. She is in a city (Inverness, Scotland) with a population of just 41,000. She also had fierce competition from a host of other well-known salons including a couple of large chain franchise salons.
Caroline contacted me, then decided to join SALON MENTOR despite being heavily in debt and on the verge of closing after almost 10-years in her salon.
The salon goals I set for Caroline were very simple.
- Get her off the salon shop floor so she could dedicate more time to her kids.
- Create a structure within the salon so she could walk in and out knowing it’ll be fine.
- Position the salon as the towns number one choice for hairdressing.
- Create a brand new income stream for her that she would enjoy doing on a daily basis.
So I got to work and planned everything very carefully and UNIQUE to her salon.
She worked really hard, she did everything she was guided to do, put everything in place fully and worked extra time now so she could get the results she desired within her business.
I want you to remind you before we started working together Caroline by her own admission was struggling to make her business work.
By the way, she is an artist doing hairdressing to support her art. Artists are NOT the greatest business people.
Anyway here is what Caroline herself said after her SALON MENTOR period.
The list of what I did for her salon was endless but here is a rough idea.
- Showed her how to get top-flight stylists
- Showed her how to price her service properly
- How to control her staff and be fair with them
- How to fill every column from morning until night
- How to make sure any new staff would be fully booked before they arrive in her salon
- How to make sure no salon time would be lost by staff booking in fake appointment
- How to get cheap advertising
- How to use the web to get clients
- How to create effective salon marketing campaigns
- How to use things like Facebook and other media for maximum effect
- How to track and measure everything for the best salon results
- How to build a strong business that would become her towns No.1 salon so she could sell eventually
- How to sell more services, colour, retail and more
- And so much more.
“This is Caroline Sanderson. I’m a SALON MENTOR student of Alan’s.
I took the plunge and entered MENTOR with Alan.
I had to fight back the ‘I cant afford it demons’ and go for it because I knew if I wanted really fast track change with my hair salon I needed to invest and spend time with someone who had been there done it.
I can hardly believe THE CHANGE in not only my business but in ME.
Alan’s strategies and advice with guidance took my business to a 52% rise in one month, 116% rise in one year. It would have been more but I had to make HUGE decisions along the way to create the salon of my dreams which meant having the confidence to make changes and get the people out who I knew deep down were not right for me and my business in the long term.
I don’t know how long it would have taken me to make these changes without Alan’s support. ‘GO FOR IT. (if ever)
With Alan’s support, I made the changes and STILL made the 116% growth.
I have taken what Alan has taught me with my own skills and knowledge and have not only taken my business to near full capacity but he have given me a better understanding of business and I am just about to launch 2 big projects out with the salon.
I now have the confidence and knowledge to push my career forward and create the work life I want… He has genius ideas that were so inspiring I didn’t take much time to get excited and start putting them into action.
Anyone thinking of working with Alan I would say go for it. There’s absolutely no question – It will change your life like it did mine.
Here is how my business and life look AFTER SALON MENTOR.
- I have 12 weeks Holiday Each Year
- I work ONE Day a Week On The Salon Floor
- Bought a new Car
- New Client Rate Up To 32%
- Rebooking from 15% to 180%
- New Staff Applications Through The Roof
- From Salon Zero To Number One in my City
- Marketing Budget Reduced To Almost Zero
- Ability To Fill My Salon in Less Than An Hour
- Number one Facebook Salon in my city
- Mastered Facebook for Client Management
- New Website On Page One of Google
- Existing Stylists All Packed Out Every day
- Salon Services UP 105%
- Retail Sales UP 72%
- And More?
Caroline Sanderson Scottish Hairdresser of the Year and Salon Owner Ego Hair Inverness
Caroline Sanderson went from DESPERATE, struggling, no staff, no clients, almost closing to a now thriving and award-winning salon after salon mentor!
AN EXTRA £959 A WEEK – from one stylist!
Now read this story from Steve Winder. Steve is a salon owner like you that I Mentored.
I have been in the hairdressing business for 12 years. I have 2 shops one just hairdressing and one that is hair and beauty. The latter I have had for 3 years and the other for nearly 8 years.
The first shop has gone from strength to strength and staff retention has been fantastic however this has caused its own problems with a certain amount of what I call “Comfort Zoning” everyone does well and earns a good wage things are easy and everyone works reasonably hard.
With rising overheads over the last 2 years, things from a profit point of view have suffered. I keep tight budgets 14%-16% of turnover for stock and retail 55% wage bill etc. The wages have been difficult to control for the following reasons:
As minimum wage has hit Juniors have become very expensive. We have had the luxury of training our juniors during the day which has affected turnover but the training has been much more successful as they take more in during the day and I feel that it would be a step in the wrong direction to go back to evenings.
I was paying my stylists 40% of their takings on target figures, however, I realised these were becoming easier to hit and were too low. As we improved the average bill and got things the way they should be everyone was hitting their 40% with ease.
So in November, we had a price increase of 10% (for the business) and we changed stylists commission to 35%. Fun that was as you can imagine trying to explain that one, anyway I have put in bonuses so in-fact they can still earn 40% but at much more realistic figures.
I have never really marketed our salon or done special offers apart from Christmas time more to reward the clients than anything else.
Then I stumbled across Alan at SALON PUNK and found the content really refreshing and interesting and exciting. After reading many of your ebooks I soon realised how I had been missing out!!
So the minute I saw your MENTORING advice I just had to get it. The day I got it I was presenting a Strategy Meeting with my staff, what a fantastic opportunity to put what I was reading into practice.
So I explained some of the things we were going to do and they all seemed very supportive. At the same time, I had a really good Senior Stylist from my other shop leave and I used the Job Flyers in the window to help find someone.
I have always had an ongoing recruitment plan in place but this was the first time I had really marketed the idea. What a response, not so much from stylists but receptionists and juniors coming out of my ears. One stylist did come in but he wanted to work at my first shop and not the other as he had a big client base he said would follow him.
So I thought well I do not really need someone here but I will interview him and give him a trade test. He was Fantastic!!! I just had to take him on!!!! So great new stylist, your marketing programs, let’s give it a real shot. You see to him this was how we always operated he did not realise that I had just got all this great information.
So we worked thru Alan’s vouchers, how to get people to rebook, consultation, with the focus on redesign (as everyone in our area is “colour experts”) flyers in the windows are new stylist offers, out in the street giving out leaflets, in local shops and in the area he used to work in, and as I said …
… he was fully booked Thursday, Friday and Saturday taking £700 even with the offers. Great! I monitored his progress put up the sheets you sent and put all the others staffs details on their two.
Now we have always put a graph in the staff room every week but without the detail its always been who took the most. Every member of staff was interested and could not wait to find out who had rebooked the most clients.
The second week went just as well even though the weather caused a lot of cancellations. But he was still busy full booked Friday and Saturday, he even took the most on Saturday just gone!!!
I have noticed that the rest of the team have really started to pull their socks up, have started to be able to fit people in? retail more? have fun in trying to get clients to rebook?.
The third week. Things still going well!! My new stylist took £959.00 net last week and did loads of offers, the flyer re only 50 cut & colours working fantastically well.
He has done 10 new clients to the salon and 50% have already re-booked. Starting new stylist at our other shop next week and we will be doing the same with her.
So far things have gone extremely well with Alan’s mentor advice I promise to keep you posted. Thanks.
Steve Winder, Salon Owner
PS Steve recently updated me on his progress and tells me one of his team is taking around £1,700 per week and all the salon is booked up every single week. It has taken him 16 weeks to get to this stage. NOT BAD I SAY!
I Went From Struggling Start-Up Salon To No.1 … I get it! MY STORY …
In 1989 I opened my own first salon. In a town of 7 salons. I struggled and almost closed. By 1990 I had discovered how to promote, marketing and build the salon. By 1991 in one of the UK’s worst recorded recessions I moved from 250 sq. ft to 2000 sq. ft.
I moved everything into a town with 35 salons. Those 35 salons had all been there for over 30-years in most cases. The top ten all wanted me closed and thought I would close.
The no.1 salon at the time charged around £25 for a cut and finish. I took what felt like a high-risk decision to charge a maximum price for a cut and design service at – £75.
It felt like a risky approach but I knew we had the quality. Within 18-months I had the busiest salon in that town of 35 salons with every stylist in the town knocking on my door asking for a job. For 17-years until I sold it just ran and ran and ran like a dream.
For the record – YES I managed to GET OFF THE FLOOR and take enough time off to build my own house!
Don’t get me wrong I get it.
I had no clients. I had huge bills
I had major staff issues
I had TAX bills piling up
And all of the usual salon owner issues.
I almost closed!
You know… I had six stylists sat on their backside in the back room drinking coffee while I was cutting hair from morning until night!
To cut a long story short I finally realised that I had no idea what I was doing apart from how to cut hair… that was my reality. Being a salon business owner was way out of my scope.
So I had to learn new things and that wasn’t easy for a school drop-out like me that took hairdressing as an easy option.
I had to teach myself
I had to read a lot
I listened to tons of cassettes in my Mini Cooper (yes c30, c60, c90 … 😉
I had to spend thousands upon thousands of courses
I had to travel, stay in hotels and search for answers.
Eventually, things began to turn around for me but it was really hard. I had learnt 100 things to do in my salon but the truth was I struggled to make just three things actually happen.
Within 2-years of starting to mentor me the results also started to pour in.
- I worked out how to recover well-over 65% of my missing clients.
- I discovered how to get any stylist PACKED OUT with 12-weeks!
- I mastered a way to fill any column four-weeks before a new stylist started
- I worked out how to make sure new staff would cost me nothing and also make me profit very fast
- I increased my colour selling from 3% to over 70%
- I created specialist services that took payments as high as £300 (a lot in the early nineties
- I managed to understand how to keep my staff for years (most worked for me well over 8-years)
My own rewards were huge.
I built a huge home on an acre of land
I had two brand new cars – BMW and MERCEDES
My family went on holiday 3-4 times a year
I managed to take my salon floor days from five days to half a day and then in the last 4-years to OFF THE FLOOR completely
YES, I still had issues but honestly, I worked out how to manage almost everything.
YOUR BIGGEST SALON THREAT INFO-OVERLOAD – MIS-INFORMATION …
Today there is far too much expertise and confusion over what makes a salon work really well. There are too many experts with no real expertise. There are too many Apps, systems and touch this and that – that frankly just confuse salon owners.
Social media, salon systems, iPads, Paypal, Google Accounts, amazing websites, email systems and every bell and whistle you can think of but the problem YOU FACE is confusion.
I speak to salon owners like yourself on a regular basis.
You will be like them – tuned in and have everything but you will also have the same issues and it is this.
- Is sending a letter in the post no longer working?
- Should I use just email?
- Are vouchers just yesterdays thing?
- Is text the best thing for me to use?
- What the hell do I do with this computer system?
- Will an App get my salon busy?
- Do I need to be on page one of Google?
- Should I advertise in a newspaper?
- Can I do everything on my iPad?
- What’s the point of a receptionist?
- Surely being a good hairdresser is enough?
- Why should I do marketing I am a hairdresser?
- They say this and others say that … what really works?
- Should I drop my prices?
- Should I raise my prices?
- Does discounting work?
- How do I get faces away from their phones and looking at my salon Adverts?
- Can I get off the salon floor?
Confusion and struggle but actually … YOUR SALON CAN BE AMAZING.
Your salon can be NUMBER ONE!
- WHAT IF: You have a REAL SALON EXPERT that has been in the industry since 1982?
- WHAT IF: you have a REAL SALON EXPERT that has built a multi-million-pound salon from scratch despite the competition?
- WHAT IF: You have a REAL SALON MARKETING EXPERT that has worked in over 400 different industries apart from hairdressing as an expert a highly-regarded consultant an advisor and a trusted partner since the mid-nineties?
- WHAT IF: You has someone with all of that EXPERIENCE take you by the hand and guide you into BIGGER, BETTER And STRONGER?
- WHAT IF: That same expert will take your creative personality, your uniquely individual salon and create a MASTER BLUEPRINT designed just for YOUR SALON ONLY?
If you are sick and tired of feeling sick and tired of your salon results here is how you finally FIX EVERYTHING!
I would love to MENTOR you and hold your hand into a very careful but well-planned SUCCESS.
You now have a rough idea what I have done and I hope you feel you know what I can do for you.
There are a few rules to SALON MENTOR you should know.
Can you say YES to the following?
- YES: we deliver great service and strive to be the very best
- YES: we have room to grow
- YES: we don’t have enough clients
- YES: I am committed to doing more
- YES: I am a good listener and will do as I am guided
- YES: I want my salon to be the very best
- YES: I am very open to marketing and doing what you tell me
- YES: I will be respectful during any training and take any constructive advice well
- YES: I agree to be focused on SALON MENTOR
- YES: I am honest and will share what you need during SALON MENTOR
- YES YES YES … I absolutely want and need the change in my salon.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO RIGHT NOW
SALON MENTOR 2018
Price from £9,995 (larger salons or groups – price to be quoted)
- OPTION 1. Four payments of £2,500 (One now and then monthly)
- OPTION 2. Three payments of £3,000 (One now and then monthly)
- OPTION 3. Single payment of £8,495
- Convert here … www.xe.com
This is a 12-week program that has been very carefully designed on years of results from salons just like yours. The program also takes into account your creativity, your unique approach and issues, specialities or specific problems you might be facing.
YOUR INVESTMENT IS SAFE – HERE’S WHY
First, let’s look at some really simple numbers to increase your salon income
Let’s say you want to take an extra £20K in the next 90-days
Let’s also assume your average hair bill is £45, And with an upsell, the bill can be the average of £100.
And for the sake of example assume you are a team of 4 including a junior.
With just TWO extra clients a day (and it is very easy and possible), that’s one in the morning, one in the afternoon that’s 6 new clients between your 3 stylists a day or £270.
If you have a plan and focus on sustaining extra 2 clients a day 5 times a week that’s £270 x 5 = £1350 extra in a week!
That’s £5400 extra takings in a month and 120 extra clients!
Over 90 days (3 months) your new income can rise by £16,200 cutting hair (£5400 x 3).
Now, look what happens if you upsell.
Will you learn and understand the specifics of POWERFUL upselling 15% of those extra clients? Colour upsell can be as high as 30% to 70% in some salons.
That’s 18 clients paying £100 or an extra £1800 a month
LOOK AT THE NUMBERS- This is real SALON CHANGE!:
- Over 90 days (3 months) your new income can rise by £16,200 cutting hair (£5400 x 3), plus an upsell of £5400 (£1800 x 3)
- Total of extra £21,600 in the next 90-days!
- Over 12 months your income will rise by £86,400 (£21,600 x 4)
The above are averages. The above can vary in all salons – in your salon. The above is based on REAL NUMBERS and average results. The results can and do vary from salon to salon.
So of course, numbers above are for illustration purposes and they can be as high or low as you need them to be but SALON MENTOR program will make sure we get your numbers right from our first meetings.
THE OUTRAGEOUS SALON REALITY IS THIS –
That by NOT Marketing your salon EFFECTIVELY you are likely to be missing out on a MASSIVE £115,871 in sales?
Yes, that is the average sales LOST & MISSED in the average salon that does not have POWERFUL AND TESTED salon marketing systems in place. SALON MENTOR fixes all of that.
Let me illustrate
Did you realise this? Your salon clients naturally drop by at least 11% every year. That is if you have 500 clients, every year you’d be losing around 55 of them! If your average bill is… £45, that means you’d be taking a £2,475 cut every year, and if you did nothing about it, in 3 years time you’d be £7,425 worth off!
A SHOCKING FACT that is hard to read!
If you are not engaged and connected to your clients DAILY not only they forget about your salon, they will go to your competitors.
Active salon marketing has some surprising numbers that can not be ignored…
FACT: for every 100 new visitors to your salon’s social media profile, or salon website you should be acquiring one new paying client. That means if every month you get 1000 new visitors you should be 10 new clients better off.
Taking numbers from above, if your average bill is £45, that is £450 more money in the till in a month – Over 12 months that is £5400 better off! In other words, if you do not get new clients you are missing off another £5400 every year!
When was the last time you checked how many people visited your salon website?
In a nutshell, if people do not see your salon through the Internet that’s the numbers you are missing out on.
What about marketing to existing clients?
Upsells? Missing clients and retail sales? If you don’t market, slowly the numbers will start to fall back. For example, did you know that over 65% of your missing clients will come back to you?
So, if you have every year 55 clients that gone missing (assuming usual 11% of a drop-out rate) and you have not chased missed clients for the past 3 years that is 165 missing clients. If you recover at a proven to be able to recover rate of 65% – that is 107clients or £4,826 extra cash in the till!
Same goes for the missed opportunity of increasing the frequency of visits and upsells in between! If you have a client that visits your salon 6x a year, can you increase by just 8 times a year? Just 2 extra visit! That does not sound like a lot, but it is an extra £90 per client every year. If you increased the frequency of just 10% of your salon clients, assuming you have 500 clients, that is 50 more visits a year, or extra £45*50 = £2,250!
If you do not manage staff and the reception how can you measure the cost of cancelled appointments?
Time is one thing you can no resell! So if you have stylists that are happy to cancel or book empty clients (that happens right?) every day and twice a day, that is £90 of missed sales every day (again, assuming average bill is £45)!
That’s a massive £540 a week, and a mega-massive £2,160 a month! or £25,920 of missed sales every year!
What about running an ad? Whether you choose to run in the magazine or on social media, running ads cost money but they bring money. One salon ad Alan was running in his salons every week in the paper brought estimated £75,000 every year, yet it only cost £50 a week, or just £2400 to run every year!
Finally, let’s sum up your missed cash – taking all above, it’s a massive £115,871 …
… of missed revenue just because you did not take the time to review and do some proven salon marketing!
A lot of cash to miss for any salon, whether you have 1, 10 or 100 staffed salons!
Not a good plan!
The good news. You can market your salon and not only recover and generate £115,871 every year, but increase that number.
SALON MENTOR IS FOCUSED ON YOU, YOUR SALON AND YOUR RESULTS!
Everything I build into YOUR easy-to-follow program is built around YOUR SALON.
WHAT IS Salon Mentor 12-week Training?
This again can vary so what you read is a rough outline based on averages.
- A completely bespoke and unique mentor for your salon over 12 weeks
- Your salon is creative and unique, your mentor will also be uniquely created for your salon
- A bespoke and unique salon mentor custom-designed for your salon only
- SUPER SALON BUILDING BLUEPRINT for your next 12-weeks in salon
- 12-month plan of action beyond the 12-weeks
- An initial mastermind and planning call for as long as it takes (1-2 hours) Skype is best.
- 12-weekly salon mastermind Skype calls that are recorded for playback.
- Weekly to-do list designed for your salon business that is easy to follow
- Anytime access for emergencies during the 12-week period to Alan’s mobile phone
- A complete review of your salon workings, includes critical review of your current marketing systems, promotional materials, retail business, staff functions and all areas of salon business
- Numbers – work out the numbers you need to hit and work out the plan how to achieve that increase, including but not limited to a thorough research of your customers and potential customers
- A detailed plan how to reach and engage with TONS of new clients
- A detailed plan how to use the web to ENGAGE and increase sales from current clients
- One client increase turnover in a single day by £800 by simply changing the words to her salon slogan!
- HOW TO create and use POWER WORDS that sell your salon services like crazy
- Staff – review to maximize the earning potential, and critical staff management super-plan, custom-created for your salon
- How to do a TOTAL marketing overhaul where needed
- PROVEN ADVICE on Salon Systems overhaul
- GUIDANCE on the most effective Salon Business strategy
As Salon Mentor is unique to your salon, there will be custom tools added or taken according to your salon needs.
By the end of Salon Mentor 12 weeks, it is our hope you will have not only hit the numbers but you will want to carry on working with me until your bigger picture has been achieved.
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT …
SALON MENTOR IS FREE …
…I always focus on making sure you have your investment back before your SALON MENTOR ENDS.
If you spend the £9,995 I will maximize what you already have to make sure you recover that investment as fast as possible.
The faster this is done the faster you will get your investment back. The REALITY means your SALON MENTOR can actually be FREE.
Finally, I have been doing this a long time now. I have seen success, I have experienced changes and I have seen salon owners absolutely transformed after being mentored into what actually works so as to avoid all the confusion out there today.
- Whether your salon is just you and a junior (that’s how I started)
- Whether you have 4 stylists and want to get to 8
- Whether you have 8 and would love to get to 12
- Whether you have one salon and want to avoid the looming but AVOIDABLE issues that can come with a second salon
- Whether you are part of a group and you need reliable sustainable salon growth
SALON MENTOR IS FOR YOU.
I URGE YOU RIGHT NOW…
Get in touch right away and let’s get your salon TRANSFORMED like never before so you can have more freedom, less sleepless nights, more cash in the bank, more clients that you can ever handle, a number one salon and a business that you can sell or hand-over to your family in the future.
Place for 2018 are limited
I would love to help you TRANSFORM YOUR SALON.
Here’s to your salon’s transformation and new success.
Alan Forrest Smith
Tele:UK 00 44 0161 929 6902
Text: Callback” 00 44 07793069486
Or use the form here